Extinction Evolution (Extinction Cycle) (Volume 4) Paperback – October 7, 2015
Author: Visit ‘s Nicholas Sansbury Smith Page ID: 1517714702
From the Author
About the Author
Nicholas Sansbury Smith is the author of several postapocalyptic books and short stories. He worked for the state of Iowa for nearly ten years before switching careers to focus on his one true passion: writing. When he isn’t daydreaming about the apocalypse he’s likely racing in triathlons around the Midwest. He lives in Des Moines with his family and several rescued animals.
–This text refers to the Audio CD edition.
Series: Extinction CyclePaperback: 414 pagesPublisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (October 7, 2015)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1517714702ISBN-13: 978-1517714703 Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.9 x 8 inches Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies) Best Sellers Rank: #49,284 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) #286 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering #945 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
Well I just have to say that this book blew all my expectations out the window. This is definitely the best book in the extinction cycle series and one of the best books I have read this year. It blew my mind. The twists and the revelations in this book just…just…. IT BLEW MY MIND! If you are after an addicting story full of action, suspense, intrigue and heart felt emotion then look no further! (That sounds like such a cheesy advertising line, but it is true!). This is the kind of book that kept me up late at night until early hours of the morning. I kept reading even when I knew I had to be up bright and early the next day. I most happily sacrificed sleep for this brilliant story. I felt glued to this book and only reluctantly put it down. I was all over the place with my emotions when reading this story. At some points I was sitting alone reading my book with what was probably a very stupid grin on my face, while at other points I probably looked even sillier with my jaw gaping to the floor. Needless to say this is a book pulls at my heart. I have become so attached to the characters but was happy to see some new additions to the Extinction Cycle world. Be prepared for intense feelings of “I NEED THE NEXT BOOK, NOW!!!!” because this is how I feel after finishing this story. I await, mostly patiently, for the next instalment.
Extinction Evolution is the fourth book in the Extinction Cycle series. Following on from book three, the world has been left in devastation with one of the few remaining strongholds located at Plum Island. Dr Lovato has created a new weapon designed to finally wipe out the variants, but will it work? Can they stay safe long enough for the weapon to work?
Nicholas Sansbury Smith has really outdone himself with this novel.
Extinction Evolution (The Extinction Cycle #4) by Nicholas Sansbury Smith is a non-stop roller coaster ride of tension, excitement, military action, political intrigue, and an existential crisis for humanity.
The cast of characters has expanded to include more scientists, Generals, fighting men, and politicians. There still is fall-out from the original secret biological mission to develop super soldiers. As new characters come on the scene, it is not always easy for Dr. Kate Lovato and Master Sergeant Reed Beckham to tell who can be trusted, and who has a different agenda than our band of survivors.
After many setbacks the entire government and the military command center retreats to an aircraft carrier battle group. This becomes the base of combat missions for our team.
Every time the military attempts to engage the Variants, there is a new development in these monsters. The military is fighting an ever moving target, one that is increIDg its capabilities at an astounding rate. Everything depends on Kate’s knowledge and skill in the lab to develop an effective weapon against the Variants. The Variants are not easy to kill, and every mission to take back a site, or rescue a trapped soldier, or capture a specimen for testing is another suicide mission for Team Ghost. And you never know who is not going to return from the mission.
There is a new team of experienced combat soldiers, who call themselves the Variant Hunters, lead by Staff Sergeant Jose Garcia. They will be put in harm’s way to take on missions that Team Ghost is too injured, or stretched too thin, to attempt. After promising Kate to keep her safe on Plum Island, Reed is constantly assigned new missions that takes him away.
Download Extinction Evolution – October 7, 2015 PDF
BhanuwatiEmas258
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.